- Shuttle configurations are often an ideal solution for high throughput, lower SKU counts.
- Easiest way to improve warehouse utilization, improve productivity, low labor expenses.
- Helps tighter aisles, denser rack configurations, increased storage space with same footprint
- Shuttles travel depth of racking, pick / deposit pallets at the face of either end of the rack.
- Makes it possible to increase rack depth, eliminate aisles, maximize cubic space utilization.
- Can also be set up with a dynamic pallet flow case pick tunnel at the base level of the rack. Replenishment pallets are stored at upper levels to feed pallet flow pick lanes at lower levels.
- All case picking takes place from within a picking tunnel that passes through the rack at ground level. Buffer pallets handled by lift trucks, shuttles in a separate corridor at right angles to pick tunnel.
- Efficient-space storage of pallets in immediate picking area with good safety, efficient pick aisle.
- Greater flexibility achieved by combination of mezzanine and pallet shuttle system.
- Open area for product staging created at ground level with all buffer storage in columns above.
- This layout allows selectivity and storage density in LIFO or FIFO storage configurations.
- FIFO is ideal for applications like grocery or other perishable item management
- LIFO can be used for accumulation and disbursement types of scenarios.